May 24, 2010

License Aquired

As the title states, I managed to acquire a racing license. The school was at the beginning of the month and it was officially the first time the R6 was tested out on the track. After a few minor tweaks after the first couple runs, it ran great and felt way better than that R1 on the track. Maybe because it was lighter, or maybe because I was learning way more than I did last year. Last year felt like a guided track day, but this year it seemed that more attention was paid to the rider to let them know what to do. The apex's were also marked on the corners, so that made learning the track a bit easier. At first they told me not to come out of the corners so fast...I couldn't help it, I would hit the apex and go. ;)

At the end of the day one of the instructors said I would do very well in racing. That felt good to hear and I hope that I do. I worked very hard on improving my body position and that made the corners even more fun. ;) At one point of the school day we able to lead in front of the instructors. This allowed me to finally open the R6 up on the straight. It also showed me something I needed to order for the bike. Just after shifting it into 4th, the front end lifted slightly and shook like no ones business. Scared the shit out of me. With quick reflexes and slowing the throttle with ease, the front end settled and I continued down. This only meant that if I was really going to try to go fast, I would need a steering damper. One was ordered, but wasn't here in time for the opening race of the season this weekend. Should be getting here this week, so plenty of time to put it on before Round 2 on June 12-13.

I chose the number 45, as there weren't many good ones left. I had wanted 3 or 33, but didn't want 333, so 45 was the next best choice.

4+5=9
9/3=3

Quirky I know, but it works, ;) And yes, there were no other 2 digit numbers left that would get to 3.

Anyway, got some red tape (Novice and Amateur numbers need to be red...Expert is black), and put on some numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment